Written by Johnny Papan
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THESE PUNK ROCKERS AIM TO BE THE HEROES THAT THIS CITY NEEDS.
Since forming and dropping their self-titled debut in 2015, Surrey punk-rock OGs Not Inpublic has gained tons of traction in Vancouver’s music scene. Their balls to the wall style of distorted aggression is complemented with melodic overtones that are as danceable as they are head-rattling. Now, Not Inpublic is coming for your head with their newest release, Mounted.
Their name is fitting for today’s societal predicament. COVID-19 has caused a, now, three-month stretch of forcing people to stay “not in public”. Things are slowly opening up, but safety measures are going to stay intact for the far foreseeable future if we’re going to flatten the curve.
Not Inpublic are doing their share to make sure you stay safe. Aside from being reminded to stay home by just reading the band’s name, they recently released these sweet masks to keep you protected when you do go in public for essential reasons.
To top it off, frontman Kyle Richardson left us a hilarious list of measures and mannerisms you should be enforcing during the pandemic.
01. DON’T PRETEND TO BE NOT INPUBLIC WHEN YOU ARE IN PUBLIC WEARING A NOT INPUBLIC MASK
Pandemic or not, identity theft is still not a nice thing to do. The last thing members of Not Inpublic need are you pretending to be in the band and doing dumb things in public.
02. DON’T WEAR A NOT INPUBLIC SHIRT IN PUBLIC BECAUSE PEOPLE MIGHT GET UPSET THAT YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF BEING NOT IN PUBLIC WHILE BEING IN PUBLIC
If you wear a Not Inpublic shirt while simultaneously being in public people who have never heard of the band may view you as a hypocrite. Nobody likes a hypocrite.
03. DON’T LISTEN TO NOT INPUBLIC IN PUBLIC BECAUSE IT MAY CAUSE LARGE GATHERINGS.
This would not be good for social distancing.
04. DON’T LOOK FOR MURDER WASPS IN PUBLIC
Why would you even want to do this? Just don’t.
05. DON’T LICK YOUR FINGERS IN PUBLIC
It doesn’t matter how delicious that greasy box of chicken from the drive-thru looks. Wait until you get home and wash your hands! Or at least use some sanitizer.
06. TRY NOT TO PASS GAS IN LONG LINEUPS AT THE GROCERY STORE
Your farts are the last thing anyone needs right now. Even if you are six feet apart and wearing masks. Some stinks cannot be tamed.
07. YOU SHOULD NOT GO BACK TO WORK IN PUBLIC IF YOU ARE A NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICE
Enough said. Unless you are essential… stay home!